Thursday, January 31, 2013

PowerGUI and SharePoint

I recently upgraded my trusty copy of PowerGUI and then went about my buisness, until I tried to edit a Powershell SharePoint script, which I knew was working. As I tried to execute the script I was seeing an error
 “Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.261 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.”

Hmmm, closed PowerGUI and opened it back up same error, hmmmm. Head back over to the PowerGUI site and started to look around and found that based on the release notes of PowerGUI 3.2. it seems they added .NET 4.0 support natively. If you want to continue to run you SharePoint 2010 2.0 cmdlets in PowerGUI, you will have to update your config file.
This change works with x64 bit setups, if you want to use a x32 bit then you just need to change the path

Good practices say you should make a backup copy of this file
C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerGUI\ScriptEditor.exe.config

Once that is backed up lets start off by right clicking on Notepad and run it as an Administrator
As the file opens you should see a line of code

supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"

just be sure to wrap html comment tags around this line, save it and relaunch PowerGUI and you should be all set.




1 comment:

nicofars said...

Nice one, same issue and now fixed. Thanks.